We have a number of consignment sales that take places in the Greenville Area. The first big one is this weekend. On Wednesday I will put up a list of the sales and when they will be happening.
Before I go to a consignment sale, I need to do some planning though:
- Go through all the hand-me downs my son has received and see what will fit him this fall and winter.
- Make a list of shoes, toys, and clothes he needs for the fall and winter. I need to take in consideration any special events that will be taking place.
o JDaniel will be attending a cousin’s wedding in November.
o An outfit for Christmas pictures or Christmas Day
o A Halloween outfit
o What toys will be appropriate in Dec. if you plan to wait until Christmas them to him?
- Think about his growth pattern so far and try to guesstimate what sizes I need to get.Figure out what to bring with me to carry the items I will be purchasing. Last winter I went to a sale where moms brought laundry baskets so their arms won’t be overflowing with items.
- Decide where I will be heading first toys, clothes, shoes when you get to the sale. If you volunteer during setup of the sale, you get a feel of where things are and what is available.
- Remind myself to make sure I wear comfortable shoes. Many consignment sales take place in buildings with cement floors.
- Decide if I will be bringing my son with me or if I need to find someone to watch him. Last year JDaniel wasn’t mobile and I could plop him down where I wanted him or put him in a stroller. This year will be a whole different story. He might be willing to stay in a stroller.