How to Make Paper Flowers
- Trace your child’s hand or have them trace their own.
- Cut out the hand print.
- Cut out the anther and stigma of the flower out of yellow construction paper.
- Fold the thumb in and then fold bottom left hand side of the hand print up towards the thumb.
- Wrap the end of the hand print that reaches past the folded thumb behind the hand.
- Glue or tape it down.
- Attach a stem made of green construction paper to the hand print lilly.
How to Make a Paper Tulip
- Start by cutting a piece of scrapbook paper or wrapping paper into a square.
- Then fold the square in half to make a triangle. Fold it so the fancy side of the paper is facing out.
- Take the right hand corner and fold it up at an angle. It should be point to about 11 o’clock on the paper.
- Then fold the left hand corner up towards about 1 o’clock on the paper. I hope the use of clock times isn’t confusing. I thought that thinking about where the hands would be on an analog clock would help you.
- Add a green construction paper stem.
How to Make a Tissue Paper Mum
- Place four sheets of tissue paper into a pile.Fold the tissue paper with a fan fold.
- Place a pipe in the behind the center of the folded tissue. I like fold about 1/4 of the pipe cleaner over the to the front and then twist it around the long end of the pipe cleaner. The twist needs to be done tightly.
- Use scissors to make thin cuts on both of the long ends of the tissue paper.
- Slowly pull up each layer of tissue paper to the center on each side of the pipe cleaner.
While I am showing you how to make three different types of flowers, I think that you could easily make one type of flower. A single flower bouquet would be lovely.