I remember at the beginning of the school year having a parent stop by at the end of the first week with a treat. She thanked me for a great start of the year and wanted to give me something to celebrate the beginning of the year with. That was over 25 years ago and I still remember her generous gift.
JDaniel’s kindergarten teacher deserved to have the same thoughtful gesture at the end of her first week so, JDaniel and I made this wonderful apple cinnamon bread. (It a simple enough recipe for families to make together.)
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/2 cups of tart apples chopped finely
1 tsp of baking powder
2 tsp of cinnamon
1 cup of dark brown sugar
1/4 of vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub the inside of your loaf pan with oil or shortening.
- Mix together the flour, apples, baking powder, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Mix together the eggs, oil, vanilla and milk in a small bowl.
- Pour the contents of the small bowl into the large bowl and mix thoroughly.
6.Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Check to make sure the bread is cooked with a toothpick. If it isn’t fully cooked, put it back in the oven for 5 more minutes.