This set of free math games is the second in a series of math printables that feature an ocean theme. (Previously open ended printable math worksheets were shared. These fun roll and cover mats display cute ocean creatures and number bubbles. They can be used to work on adding 2 0r 3 numerals, identifying a number rolled on a die or subtracting numbers. Actually there are probably a number of ways to use these free math games.
Directions for how to play possible math games were not placed on the roll and cover mats. I wanted you to be able to use them as you want to. Children will sometimes decide that if the math mat says it is to be used in a particular way. It has to be used that way. I wanted to avoid having them do that.
Here are the supplies you will need to play these free math games:
- Roll and Cover Ocean Number Mats
- Number Covers ( Buttons, glass pebbles, or pom-poms that are bubble colored or will match the water and animal.)
Playing with the Ocean Themed Mats
- You may decided to work one on one with a child using the math mats. They can roll dice and you can help them find the number or sum to cover.
- You can have a small group of children working on rolling and covering one mat or they could each have a mat of their own to cover.
- These free math games could be set up in a center. Children could roll a die and cover the rolled number on their own.
If your like these free math games, here are some more ocean themed activities you will like:
You will also find a number of ocean themed activities on my Ocean Themed Activities Pinterest board.