The Olympics being hosted in Brazil this year has lead to my creating a number of crafts and learning activities with a rainforest them. While creating the Rainforest Animals Puzzle Craft, I came across recipe for rainforest cookies. It featured coconut, bananas, chocolate, cashews , and cinnamon Looking over that recipe gave me a idea. I could use many of those ingredients to create a fun rainforest monkey ice cream sundae.After brainstorming ways to use the ingredients and sketching a few monkey faces for the sundae, it was time to create it.
Monkey’s Rainforest Favorites Ice Cream Sundae
- Chocolate ice cream
- Vanilla wafer cookies
- Chocolate chips
Assembling the Ice Cream Sundae
- Place a scoop of ice cream in a small bowl.
- Tuck two vanilla wafer cookies near the top of the scoop on the left and right side. They will be the monkey’s ears.
- Place a cashew above each eye. They will be the monkey’s eyebrows.
- Place two small sections of a banana near the top of your scoop. They will be part of the monkey’s eyes. A chocolate chip turned upside down will go on top of the banana. It is the pupil of the eye.
- Cut a vanilla wafer in half. It will be used for the monkey’s mouth. We cut our wafer slightly off center.
- Place to chocolate chips upside down onto the top wafer . They will be the monkey’s nose.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon on your monkey. It will make it look a little fuzzy and taste wonderful.