To celebrate the second day of the Virtual Valentine’s Day Party I am sharing a muffin tin of yummy lunch treats. We both enjoyed the foods in this tin.
This week JDaniel had a heart shaped empanada ( I will share the recipe for them tomorrow.), homemade tomato soup, grape tomatoes, a heart shaped crouton to dip in the soup, red grapes, and strawberry heart shaped marshmallows.
Here is the recipe for the tomato soup:
3 large cans of stewed tomatoes
3 large garlic cloves
2 cups of chopped onion
1/4 cup of minced basil
1 can of chicken broth
1/2 cup of half and half cream
Salt and pepper to taste
2 slices of whole grain bread
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion, garlic, and olive oil. Add tomatoes and basil; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Puree in a blender until large chunks are removed and return the mixture to the saucepan.
- Warm half and half in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir half and half, salt and pepper into soup.
- Enjoy with croutons cut out of bread with a cookie cutter and sautéed in a pan with olive oil.
This post is linked to the Muffin Tin Mom’s Muffin Tin Monday meme.
Do you have a post on a Valentine’s Day treat you would like to link up to the Virtual Valentine’s Day Party?