Getting Ready for Mother’s Day with a Breakfast Sundae

Mother's Day Breakfast Sundae
Next Sunday is Mother’s Day and I am hoping that by doing a practice run with JDaniel on how to create a breakfast sundae a week early he will be able to help my husband create one for me.

I plan to have muffin tins filled with the same ingredients we used in the dry run in the fridge ready to go.

The green tin contains coconut flakes, raisin bran like cereal, honey nut loops, dried fruit, chocolate chips, and almonds.

The brown tin contains kiwi slices, baked apples, slice grapes, blueberries, sliced strawberries, and cantaloupe.

Using chopsticks to create a sundae

JDaniel tried using chopsticks to move the ingredients into his waffle cone bowl filled with vanilla yogurt to build his breakfast sundae. They were difficult to use with the little pieces of food he tried to pick up.

Creating a Yogurt Sundae
A large spoon did a much better job. JDaniel was able to use it to scrap the cup that contained the baked apples with it easily.
I will have to let you know next week how the guys do on Mother’s Day. I am looking forward to ths simple and tasty treat.

This post is linked to  Muffin Tin Monday !

What are you hoping to get for Mother’s Day?

Comments

This is so cool! He is going to be one proud little dude on Sunday! This is a fabulous idea!

Way to go little guy! Thanks for sharing this week!

Blessings,
    Kristine

That looks delicious. I’m hoping that my husband will wake up early enough to go get peanut butter donuts for Mothers Day breakfast. And that he’ll stay out of my kitchen. :)

I love this idea and I would love to have my kids prepare it for me for Mother’s Day. I’d load up my waffle cone with all the fruit and healthy stuff. If it was the other way around and I did it for my boys, their waffle cones would be filled with nothing but chocolate chips. Sigh.

Popping in from Spring Fling. I love this idea! We make our own yogurt, but I bet my husband could add some vanilla to it for a sundae like treat. Nom nom. :)

How fun! My son would love to create his own sundae! We might try it with yogurt since he doesn’t eat many sweets yet. Love this idea! :)

What a great idea for the younger kids! I hope you enjoy your Mother’s Day! Thanks for stopping by I really enjoyed my visit!
    Dropping in from DearCreatives.com

Great idea. I love that you did a trial run. It will probably make it much smoother for you on mother’s day.
    My husband asked my son what he should get me for Mother’s Day and my four year old said, “Probably batteries for her camera.” Spoken like a true son of a mommy blogger! I hope you have a relaxing breakfast in bed on Sunday!! Happy Mother’s Day.

I love this idea. I think I will have to give it a try next year. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having a great week!