Yesterday I mentioned to you the 21 Days of Gratitude Challenge List. Well, during November there are bloggers sharing each day on one of the ideas or items on the list. When I signed up to participate in this project, I didn’t look at what I was signing up to share my thankfulness about. Instead I picked a day that worked best for me. Only later did I look at the topic I was going to share about. By then it was too late to change to a different day.
Did I want to change my day to something else?
Am I not thankful for what was on my assigned day of the Days of Gratitude challenge?
My Focus During the 21 Days of Gratitude
Ever since I walked in the kitchen in the house my husband had built many years ago, I have wanted to change it. It is not a bad kitchen. He chose wonderful cabinets and pretty tile for the room. He had curtains made that are nicer than one I would have picked out. It is a pretty room, but it is tiny.
The house I owned before we got married had a wider kitchen with a wonderful island in the middle. It was easy to move around. One person could prep food on the island while another person got things out of the oven. You could open the dishwasher and the refrigerator at the same time if you wanted to.
So, I pulled out my bible and I read about thanks.
1 Chronicles 16:34 O give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; For His loving kindness is everlasting.
Then prayed for God to show me things in my kitchen to be thankful for and do you know what happened? I turned on the news and saw victims of Sandy sharing about how they had lost everything. Maybe even their one butt kitchens.
Thinking about their losses has left me with many things to be thankful for.
I am thankful for…
- A refrigerator that has lasted eighteen years along with the oven and dishwasher that arrived when the fridge did.
- I am thankful for new counter that God provided for last year.
- The tile floor that has been so easy to clean up after JDaniel’s spills.
- The small distance I have to walk to catch a milk cup falling to the ground while I am trying to get dinner ready.
- The space that was just the right size to fit my hutch.
- The fact that I have a place to have friends and family come and share a meal.I can honesty say I don’t love my kitchen, but now I can say that I am very thankful for it.
What about your kitchen are you most thankful for?
Have you joined the 21 Days of Gratitude Challenge hosted by Inspired by Family and many other fabulous bloggers? Join us and take time to count your blessings and read their how they met their Day of Gratitude challenge!