I started the week my asking you to leave comments on my posts. Each comment would be added to all the others left during the week. The total number of comments will be translated into monetary donation to Samaritan’s Purse’s effort to help the survivors of Sandy. You can read more about it in my post called Doing Something about Sandy! Helping Others.
On Monday I wrote about all the All Stars that have helped and are continuing to help the survivors of Sandy. I shared a tribute bento lunch I had made in that post.Yesterday I wrote about another Samaritan’s Purse project called Operation Christmas Child and the fun we had in putting a special box of treasures for a little boy to have a Christmas time.
How does all this giving benefit the my family and other givers?
Seven Ways Giving Benefits the Giver
- Giving open our hearts up to others and their needs.
- Giving allow us to see all the treasures we have been given in our lives as we shift through them looking for items that you can give to others.
- Giving allow us to bestow some of our treasures on others.
- Giving leads you to pray for those who will be receiving the items we are giving.
- Giving shows our children that their wants can fulfill others needs.
- Giving takes our everyday worries and sets them aside while we think of others.
- Giving changes our hearts and allows us to see the world as a place you want to make better and not just take from.I know you are givers! I am blessed by you everyday. I hope that when you give you remember the seven things I have listed above. Realizing them as really blessed my life.
This post is linked to Alphabe Thursday!