- small lengths of celery with cream cheese could be used to build letters.
- string cheese could be peeled into strings to form letters
- small letter cookies
- cinnamon toast cut with cookie cutters
- cheese cracker Scrabble letters from the store
- alphabet cookies from Trader Joes
- potato sticks could be used to form letters
- apple slices could be cut out with cookie cutters
- cold spaghetti could be bent into letters
- cookie cutters could be pushed into fruit leather to create words
My brain was reeling with ideas. I think I may have to create a whole series on sight word snacks. JDaniel would love to taste test them for me and I would get to help him work on sight words. Snacks give him a hands on way to interact with sight words and his taste buds get to participate too.
Brace yourself sight word snacks will be appearing on the blog every couple of weeks until I run out of them. If you have an idea for me to try, leave it in a comment below. If you like one of the ideas on the list and would like to see how it could be carried out, you can leave me a comment too.