3 large Gala apples
4 tablespoons of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees F.
- Line two cookie or baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Create a mixture of the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and set it aside.
- Lay an apple on its side.
- Slice apples thinly or as thinly as you can cut them. My slices are on the thicker side. When I tried to cut them thinly I didn’t end up with complete slice.
|I just used small leaf shaped cookie cutters to make fall themed apple chips.|
- Place the apples onto the baking sheets in rows.
- Melt the brown sugar in the microwave with a little water for about 35 seconds.
- Brush the melted brown sugar onto the apple slices.
- Sprinkle the apples with mixture of the cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour and then flip the apples over.
- Bake the apples for a second hour.
- Turn of the oven and let the apples sit in the cooling over for 30-45 minutes.
Some of the apples may be a little chewy and some may be a little crunchy. It will depend on the thickness of the apple slices and how hot your oven tends to run.
My guys think that I need to try this apple chips recipe again. They really loved these. It is probably due to the two kinds of sugar and cinnamon. They both love sweet snacks. I love that we are getting fruit along with the a sweet treat!
What is your favorite fall treat?