This fun activity is filled with kids challenges. It features a construction site themed sensory bin. Your children will use the toys in the bin to dig up pictures that they will later sort. These kids challenges activities were created to go along with the book Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site. After completing these kids challenges, your kids can try a digging into play dough activity we have also enjoyed.
Construction Site Kids Challenges
Getting the Sensory Bin Ready
Creating the Bin
After placing the birdseed into the bin, you will tuck the construction equipment cards into it . You may want to leave the edges of some of the cards sticking out. It will make it easier for your children to find them.
Then place the construction equipment on top on the birdseed. If you like, can place traffic cones or signs into the bin too.
The first challenge is to use get the equipment to dig up the cards. Try to encourage your children to not just pull the cards out of the birdseed with their hands.
The second challenge is to sort the cards into piles. They will need to place all the equipment that is the same into a pile.
The third and final challenge is to count how many of each piece of equipment they dug up. We arrange our cards into columns to count them.
CONSTRUCTION THEMED ACTIVITIES FOR PRESCHOOLERS
- Goodnight Construction Site ABC Dig and Construct- Growing Book by Book
- Letter Crafts with a Construction Theme – Books and Giggles
- Construction Truck STEM: Building Beams – PreschoolPowol Packets
- Construction Site Counting Game – To be a Kid Again
- Cloud Dough Construction Site Sensory Bin – Powerful Mothering
- 4 Easy Construction Play Ideas for Kids- Toddler Approved
- Rock Cakes – Rainy Day Mum
- Design and build a truck – Mama Smiles
Magnetic Construction Site – The Educators’ Spin On It
- Digger Color Sort – My Storytime Corner
- Constructing a Story Printable and Kids Book List — Chickadee Lit
Painting with Trucks – Clare’s Little Tots