Read.Explore.Learn.- Celebrating Dr. Seuss’ Birthday with Fox in Socks

Welcome to Read.Explore.Learn.! This meme was designed to be a place for you to share the learning opportunities, crafts, field trips, and other activities you have done this week that tie-in to children’s books. I look forward to seeing ways you have learned with and explored books.

Steps:

• Link your activity below.
  • Please place the Read.Explore.Learn. badge on your post or create a link back to this meme.

• Please try to visit at least three of the other people that have placed links below and leave a comment. I will visit each of you and leave a kind comment.
    • If you are not linking up an activity and are just visiting, please try to stop by a few of the links below.
    My Book Tie-Ins of the Week:

Fox in Socks is filled with such fun. You can read tongue twisters about Mr. Fox and Mr. Knox. Mr. Fox can read tongue twisters and Mr. Knox gets his tongue twisted.

JDaniel loves word play. He loves coming up with words that fit a pattern. Tongue twisters offered him a great way to explore words in a fun way.
    What did we do?
    Puppet Making
    We made a fox using a sock. I found a wonderful template on the internet that I was able to trace onto red felt.
    Once the fox head had been cut out JDaniel helped me glue down the eyes.
    I then attached the fox head to the red sock using a few tiny stitches.
    Practicing Tongue Twisters With A Puppet
    JDaniel wasn’t sure about wearing the fox puppet on this hand at the beginnning. When I started having the fox puppet on my hand  do tongue twisters, he decided that the fox was really cool. Then he had to do it.
     Disclaimer: Links in the post to Amazon are affiliate links.

Comments

Can I confess something? I absolutely loathe Fox in Socks. It’s just so annoying to read. Only Dr. Seuss book I can’t stand. Your puppet is adorable though! Pierce went to school today as Thing 1. We even sprayed his hair blue!

The fox puppet is so adorable! Would like to make one! I don’t know why I just don’t like Fox in socks, May be because of too many tongue twisters.

Cute puppet! My little guy isn’t big into putting puppets (or stamps, or anything) on his hand yet, either… But I can see where doing silly toungue twisters with hit might just change his mind….

Love your puppet! So cute and clever! I had fun linking up our Ten Apples Up on Top! mini book craft. Thanks again for hosting your link party!

Wow…this brought me back! I still have a couple of puppets from when I was a kid. One is a cute felt puppet that looks like a little man with a beard that my mom bought at a church sale. The other one is a SOCK PUPPET I made when I was probably about 8 years old. It’s a great mouse with felt ears and yarn whiskers…I think your puppet looks a lot “healthier” than my sickly gray mouse!

I’m the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your fox in socks! You can see it here:

If you have other kid-friendly crafts, we’d love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a wonderful project idea!