Building a rainbow is a lot of fun when you build it on a roll and cover rainbow. Your children will have a blast playing either of these preschool color activities. Preschool Color Activities – Roll and Cover Rainbow http://jdaniel4smom.com/2017/03/preschool-color-activities-roll-and-cover-rainbow.html
Preschool Color Activities
I love to read my children a book before starting an activity. Since this activity has a rainbow theme, I would read a book like A Rainbow of My Own.
Next, you will need to print out one or both of the rainbow roll and cover printables. There is one that has more circles to cover than the other. Younger children might find more success working with the preschool color activities sheet that has fewer spaces to cover.
- rainbow roll and cover printables
- rainbow colored pom poms
- homemade chopsticks
- wooden cube covered with white circle labels colored rainbow colors
Playing Preschool Color Activities
Children will roll the color cube. Then they will pick up a pom pom that is that color and place it somewhere on that band of color on the rainbow.
Some children will want to start on the left and fill the circles in over the top and down the right. Others will randomly want to place them on the rainbow. Both ways are just fine.
Here are some more preschool color activities:
- Rainbow Alphabet Activity- Growing Book by Book
- 5 Math Games using Painted Rainbow Counters – The Educators’ Spin On It
- How to make rainbow spaghetti – Sensory play for kids -Messy Little Monster
- Find the Unicorn Rainbow Sensory Bin – Inspiration Laboratories
- Taste Safe Rainbow Sensory Play – Adventures and Play
- Awesome Rainbow Experiments for Kids- Teach Beside Me
- Construction Paper Rainbow Craft from The Moments at Home
- Mixing Colors to Make a Rainbow – Mama Smiles
- CVC Word Family Rainbow Puzzles – Sea of KnowledgeRainbow Words – Rainy Day Mum
- Rainbow Preschool Music Craft & Song – Preschool Powol Packets
- Rainbow Fine Motor Activity- Clare’s Tiny Tots