I know that Father’s Day is still a long way away.( We haven’t even had Mother’s Day yet.) Creating the Your My Biggest Fan Mother’s Day card got me thinking about cards we could make with cupcake liners. That lead to thinking about what holiday will come up next after Mother’s Day. Father’s Day came to mind so, we made a Father’s Day Card.
After deciding on the holiday we would make the card for, it was time to think about what theme the card should have. My son and I husband both space so, I decided on “You are Out of This World” as the card’s theme.
The first thought was a flying saucer with a little green creature in it. Since my family isn’t made up of little green men, I decided that wouldn’t work. You may be thinking that is a great idea. Making a flying saucer with a cupcake liner would be super fun. If that was your thought, I think you should totally go with it. It would be fun.
We ended up making a rocket ship with a cupcake liner for our card. It was a little challenging to figure out just how to fold the cupcake liner for us. We ended up making one that folds together the way a paper airplane is made.
Supplies for the Father’s Day Card
- Blue plain or patterned cupcake liner
- Red, Orange, or yellow plain or patterned cupcake liner
- White piece of paper
- Out of This World Father’s Day Card
Steps for Crafting the Father’s Day Card
- Fold the cupcake liner in half with the decorated side faced out.
- Open the cupcake liner up and flatten it out with the decorated side faced down.
- Fold in the two outsides into an airplane fold. That means they fold in to form a triangle. Then fold it again the same way. The top of the rocket is now finished.
- Pull the rounded edges of the cupcake liner back over the fold to form the rocket boosters.
- Cut a flame out of a cupcake liner that is red, orange, or yellow.
- Cut a small circle out of white paper.
- Assemble the rocket on the Father’s Day Card printable I have made for you by gluing the white circle on the rocket and the flame beneath the rocket.
It would be fun to come up with a space related note of picture to put inside this card. Maybe your children could draw something they like to do with their dad. They could share a special memory or a list of reasons their father is really out of this world.
Here are some other wonderful activities and crafts that this Father’s Day Card would be wonderful to go along with:
If you make this Father’s Day card, please leave me a comment below telling me about how your crafting session went or share a picture of it on my Facebook page.