This post contains affiliate links.
I truly believe that when we read a child a book we are open doors to the world around them and build connections in their minds. Why not use that new information to explore and learn about those concepts outside a book they have just read?
Here are some reading activities we have done to explore concepts from children’s books that start with the letters I thru P:
JDaniel and I explored a book on bats using a reading guide or viewer in the shape of a bat.
After reading a book about balance, JDaniel and I created an applesauce cup balance.
Lisa of Two Bears Farm shared a pudding finger painting project with me. We had such a great time that we did it again when we read the book Boris and the Wrong Shadow.
- Books for Preschoolers from Mommy and Me Book Club
- Early Language Learning from Playing with Words 365
- Early Literacy from Playdough to Plato
- Graphic Novels from Pragmatic Mom
- Learning to Read Through Play from Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
- Learning to Write from NurtureStore
- Reading Comprehension for Pre-K-Grade 1 from The Wise Owl Factory
- Storytelling from A Mom with a Lesson Plan