Much of the summer is spent outside at my house. We play, explore, and learn in our backyard. (Last year I shared with you a series of science experiments we did with water.) This year I have setup a science discovery center for my son on his gardening table. It has all kinds of kitchen tools and toys that can be used to explore water.
Today I am going to share with you just what I placed on the science discovery center. Over the next few days I will share with you a few of the experiments that can be done using these science tools.
As the experiments are shared I will add links for them at the bottom of this post.
Here is what you will find in the science discovery center:
- A set of funnels (One of the funnels has plastic tubing coming out of it.)
- Plastic Easter eggs
- Bread Tags (Not in visible in the picture)
- Flower pot
- Plastic boat
- Large plastic storage container
- Plastic pipettes
- Plastic Measuring Spoons (These are from the same company,but are different from ours. Our are not available.)
- Salt and Pepper Shaker, Green/Blue
- Tin can with vertical column of holes
- Plastic colander
- Wooden spoon
- Rocks (Not visible in the picture.)
You will that notice them at all of the items are durable and almost all of them are made with plastic. I wanted to select items that would do well if they were left outside.
Where did I get the science discovery center table?
I wasn’t able to find the gardening table we have online. Below are a few gardening tables I thought would work if you want to have science discover center in your yard.
During the week I will be sharing the following science discovery table experiments:
Cork Filled Easter Egg Experiments